If you're the type of person who gets fired up by adventure, creativity and technology, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll need lots of help from smart and pioneering folks as we grow.
Title: Community Marketing Manager
Location: Seattle, WA
You are a conversation starter and a great listener. You are a spark of creativity and can inspire others to share their adventures through a smartphone camera. You love to write in a fun, playful, intelligent way. You enjoy helping people discover cool and interesting places and things and can quickly identify a theme from seemingly disparate ideas. You are a pop-culture addict who keeps up with the latest news and current events, from the important to the arcane to the silly. You are comfortable putting on your analyst cap and using numbers to figure out what is going on. You like puzzles. You work quickly.
Trover is a photo-sharing app for travelers, and we are looking for a creative person with a unique perspective to join our team as a Community Marketing Manager.
- Inspire folks to get out, explore, socialize, and have fun.
- Nurture the voice and mission of Trover through ongoing communications with the community. Engage community members via Trover apps, on the blog, and across the social sphere.
- Operate existing programs, promotions and events that recognize our top members, and develop and operate new programs that serve the needs of our community.
- Curate the content created by our members, surfacing the best content to our community and a wider audience of adventurers, curiosity-seekers, storytellers and photographers.
- Identify and amplify trends & interests surfacing in the Trover community.
- Produce written and multimedia content that sparkles, communicating our mission, highlighting member content, and mapping to trends.
- Define and report key metrics that describe the engagement of the community.
- Serve as the front-line for community feedback. Record, respond and route feedback to make sure we are learning from the community, and improving our products based on our members’ ideas.
- Participate in and lead our small team of content moderators who review incoming community content.
- BA/BS degree in English, journalism, communications, marketing, or liberal arts program.
- 3-5 years experience in web content, with experience in mobile apps, social media, and community engagement a plus.
- Excellent writing skills. Ability to inspire, educate, and make people laugh.
- Proven ability to build a strong presence in social media channels and the blogosphere.
- Ability to define new opportunities, set goals, build plans, and track progress with marketing metrics.
- Super creative, entrepreneurial, and flexible to changing demands.
- Passionate about exploring and sharing new places, food, pop culture, and the outdoors.
More about Trover:
Trover apps are full of photographs of hidden gems of the world, taken by adventurous people who love to discover new things both near and far. Trover is the perfect place to take a mental vacation for a few minutes, enjoy the sheer beauty of the world and the things and places in it, and share the discoveries you find with other people.